THE IB MISSION STATEMENT
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end the organization work with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences can also be right.
WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT IB PROGRAMMES
- IB programmes are recognized around the world and ensure an increased adaptability and mobility for IB students.
- The curriculum and pedagogy of IB programmes focus on international perspectives of learning and teaching, while insisting that students fully explore their culture and language.
- IB World Schools must under go exhaustive authorization process in order to offer one or more of the programmes, which includes a study of the school's resources and commitment to the IB mission and philosophy.
- IB Teacher participate in a wide variety of professional development opportunities to constantly update their knowledge and share their expertise with with colleagues around the world.
- Many students graduating from the Diploma Programmes find that it enhances their opportunities at tertiary institutions. The IB works closely with universities around the world to gain recognition for IB Programmes.
- The core components of IB Programme encourage students to participate in creative and service oriented activities, while at the same time emphasizing the importance of reflection on a personal and academic level.
- The IB produces publications for schools to inform and support theme as the offer IB courses. it is now beginning to produce material for use, directly with students and to work closely with selected publisher and providers to offer material for students. These materials only will carry an IB logo.