The GMIS will ensure that every aspect of our academic, non academic and co-curricular activities is conducted in accordance with sound environmental practices.
The GMIS will achieve this by :
- Minimizing the consumption of natural resources and energy especially paper and electricity.
- Reducing the creation of waste by the adoption of improved operating practices and by the recycling of materials whenever practical.
- Ensuring all school generated waste is disposed of in a safe and responsible manner.
- Investing in the development of new processes that have an improved performance regarding their impact on the environment.
- Time by time we will promote plantation and conservational activities and strategies.
- Promote our school and green campus.
- Complying with environmental legislation of the government of Indonesia.
The GMIS aims to foster among its staff, students, shareholders and local communities to its operations and understanding of environmental issues in the context of its services and awareness programs. Our collective task is to ensure that we continually improve the environmental impact of our total activities.
By this policy the GMIS recognizes its responsibility towards protection and conservation of the environment and issues this statement as a commitment of management, employees and students to minimizing the environmental impact of its functioning.
With in period of implementation and first cycle of ISO 14001 The Gandhi Memorial International School aim to achieve the following:
- inform all stakeholders and service provider about our environmental policy by June 2013 and, thereafter, all new stakeholders and service providers
- evaluate the costs and benefits of converting drained water to rain water harvesting system by October 2014.
- reduce water use within our estate by 8% by 2014.
- reduce waste generation across our estate by 5%, and increase the proportion of our stationary waste which is reused or recycled to 40% by 2014
- to stabilize and progressively reduce our environmental ( Ecological) footprint.
Monitoring and Auditing
Progress against these objectives will be monitored through management meetings once in three month.
This environmental policy is available to all stakeholders and services providers on request. If you wish to obtain a copy or would like to discuss our progress against our objectives, please telephone to MR Manish Kumar 08990812905. This policy is also available on our website at http://www.gandhijkt.org
Review of policy :
This policy will be review on biannually. This can also be reviewed based on local governmental policy or guidelines given by affiliated bodies and international laws and policies.